Friday, May 31, 2024

László Török

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Electro-rubber Challenger

 Built by Jay Burkart from a Holman kit

Gifted by Jack Hiner. 

Modified for the World Champs by M. McIntyre

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Pelikans by Burkart 🦩

 My Pelikans for Texaco and LMR are ready for the Dayton SAM contest.

I might be able to test fly them before that contest, got to see if I can work that out.



Friday, May 17, 2024

Martian Spaceship

110% Anderson Pylon

 Here are pictures of the tail feathers and wing all covered on Jack’s Andersen Pylon.

Also the pylon is sheeted and ready for installing the rest of the radio gear and covering the fuselage.


Meaghan, She’s looking for your skilled finishing.


Jay Burkart



Thursday, May 16, 2024

Tuesday, May 14, 2024

110% Anderson Pylon

Here’s where I set the H. stab to zero decalage and then shimmed the pylon to get the desired 1.5 positive degrees incidence.

Took more that 9/16” shimming under TE of wing.

Started at 4 degrees positive, set for free flight.

Jay Burkart


Sunday, May 12, 2024


 Got the Pelikans covered and all the trim decals applied.  Just need to check the CG on both and add ballast to get them to the legal weights

For the size of battery I’m using,  108 oz.

Should get that done in the next few days.

In the meantime, I’ll cover Jack’s Andersen Pylon.


Pictures of the three Pelikans are my 3 meter LMR and Texaco and also the 2.6 meter Texaco.


Jay Burkart

would look sharp with a wrap-around chrome windscreen

Anderson Pylon


Soft balsa on front end reinforced with Dave Brown Skyloft and EZE Kote, then painted with Rustoleum.

Saturday, May 11, 2024

Record Hound


Meaghan did a really good job! Wow price of magnets went up ??? Hmm…….
Gotta finish covering now, paint the cowl and cover the wing. We will SEE!

Thermals Glen

 I will bring Glen's Record Hound (Hog) as I have the cowl completed.
Final cost is $130.00

I had to do some modifications on the front.
I added some down thrust and side thrust.
Made a ballast box (spot glued it in a few places for additional nose weight)
Extended the box the motor mounts to.
Elongated the hole where the motor stick out of and made sure the prop clears the cowl.
Made a shelf for the battery pck to sit on verses the pack hanging on by velcro under the motor.

If Glen dosen't like it, he can remove the battery shelf as I only spot glued it in a few places.
But "IF" it is acceptable, Glen will have to finish glueing the shelf into place.

Attached are photos of the finished cowl.